Monday, February 25, 2013

Email 02-17-13

Hola mi querida familia. ¿Cómo están ustedes? This week was very good week for us. This week was also the last week for Elder Canche in the mission and we ended the transfer baptizing four people. What a great week.

So this week we had four baptisms. We baptized Rafael and Elizeth. The reason Rafael was baptized was because he had a broken heart and a contrite spirit and really repented of his drinking and promised to never do it again. That was way important for him. They were extremely excited for all the things that have changed in their lives and were very happy for their baptisms this week. We had a great week with them and their baptism was a great experience. Nancy was also baptized this week. She was awesome to teach and has made a lot of changes in her life. Her baptism was pretty interesting because the priest that we asked to baptize her isn't very strong and she's a little big. Nancy had to be baptized three times. She was really scared the first two times. I don't think she had a lot of confidence in the priest. It was awesome. The other baptism that we had was of Rosa. Rosa is nine years old. Her family was inactive when she turned eight and had been inactive when Elder Canche and I arrived to the ward. We started visiting them and they started coming back to church. This was in the first transfer. In the beginning of the second transfer, we found out that Rosa wasn't a member. We started talking to the father and told him that we wanted to help him with this problem. After three weeks of the bishop no responding to the questions of the father, he found out that Rosa would have to be taught by us in order to be baptized. So this past week we taught her as well. She is very very smart and knows a lot about the gospel. She was baptized by her father as well last Saturday. It was a great day.

Alright now for the news about transfers. Yes I will be staying here for this next transfer of 4 weeks. I will be with another missionary who will be ending his mission as well this next month. His name is Elder Townsend. Yes as you can see from his last name, he is American. From what I've heard, he's extremely tall, was a District Leader for a long time, and is a hard worker. Well he better be all that because we will be working even harder this transfer. Why? Because I have been assigned to be Senior Companion. It doesn't mean too much, but it does mean I take the lead in planning and have final say on our decisions. This will be a great blessing. Also because my next companion will be ending his mission this next transfer, it is extremely likely that I will be here for another transfer as well. Which means, I could possibly be here for Mother's Day. I know that sounds like a long ways off, but it's not lol. I have 7 1/2 months in the mission. On the 5th of March I'll have 8 months in the mission. Holy cow!! I'm old!!! I'm way excited for this next week. More news next week. I love you all very much.

Elder Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment