Thursday, December 6, 2012

Letter from Elder Frazier-We recieved this on 12/5/12

WE GOT SOME PERSONAL LETTERS IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY 12/5/12 FROM ELDER FRAZIER. ROGER'S LETTER WAS ONE THAT MOM SHOULDN'T READ. THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS "SISTER FRAZIER" IS NOT TO BE TOLD, UNTIL HER SON GETS HOME," A QUOTE FROM THE ELDERS QUORUM IN OUR WARD. HOWEVER, WITH A LITTLE PERSUASSION I WAS ABLE TO CONVINCE ROGER TO SHARE HIS LETTER. ALTHOUGH THE SITUATION IN THE LETTER IS UNNERVING, AT THE SAME TIME IT IS SHOWS HOW POWERFUL THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD DWELLS WITH THE MISSIONARIES. HERE IS THAT LETTER.

11/19/12

Dear Dad,

I wanted to write you this letter to tell you thank you very much for reading the Book of Mormon in Alaska. I know without this our family would not be the same. Thank you very much.

Here in the mission, things are going great! I love being here right now. I know if I was at school and wrestling, I wouldn't be as happy as I am here. That's a fact. It's really interesting having the Spirit with me as strong as it is while a missionary. When I was in college and had to pick people up at night, I could feel the difference. However, it was nothing like what I felt the other day. We were talking with a man named Javier who was way drunk. he stared touching our shoulders because he was asking us to give him money. When he touched my shoulder and wow the Spirit did not like that. Instantly it was like go time. I was immediately on alert and ready to protect my companion at whatever cost. I then told the drunk we'd visit him tomorrow if he wasn't drunk. He then left. What a big experience.

I've got lot's of stories to tell when I get home. Something that my trainer, Elder Ruiz, told me, "that out of all the missionaries he's worked with, he's never seen someone so intune with the Spirit like you (Elder Frazier)". this is way cool. I'm going to do all I can to keep doing this.

Thank you for everything Dad. I love you.

Your Son,

Elder Austin Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment