Thursday, December 6, 2012

Email 11-26-12

Well there is so much to say in this letter this week. First I'm really excited to hear all about what is happening up there. Sounds like a blast. I hope all things are going great up there. I wish I could watch Riley or coach one match, but I'll get the chance in 19 months. This week was a fantastic week. No other word could describe this.

To start, I had a miracle. Sunday night, my voice was going. My throat wasn't hurting and I wasn't sick, only my voice. So Monday was normal, until the District Meeting then my voice was completely gone. Tuesday was the same. Couldn't hardly talk. Needless to say, teaching was a little difficult. Finally, wednesday came and I asked Heavenly Father what I should do. I then received the inspiration to use a Halls. So I did. Within 15 min. I was starting to talk a lot better. After 3 Halls, my voice was back and I was speaking like normal. Needless to say, I was very grateful for this.

The next miracle that we saw this week was the wedding of Jesús and Irma. They are amazing. Irma is a member and has been with Jesús for many years. 6 to be exact. Jesús started listening to the missionaries about a year and a half ago. Didn't want anything. Wasn't going to quit smoking. Didn't want to get married to Irma. When we arrived he wasn't really sure about a lot of things. However, after all our hard work with him, we watched him and Irma be married. What a great day that was.

The other miracle that we witnessed was the baptism of Jesús, Sunday morning at 730. After 1 1/2 years, he was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was a witness for the baptism and he was baptized by his Father-in-law. In Sacrament, he was confirmed and given the Holy Ghost and.......yes that's right ordained to the office of a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. What a miracle that all was!! What a fantastic week.

Now for the news. I am being transfered out of my first area. I will now be serving in Tlatenco 2 area. It's more eastern and southern than where I'm serving now and I've been told that it's pueblo. How cool!! Oh yeah, I'll also be whitewashing this area, just like when I arrived here they took both missionaries out and put 2 new ones in, it's exactly what I'll be doing. They do this because the area isn't progressing so they change it up with missionaries who they think will bring the area back. I'm way excited. I will be there for at least 6 weeks. After 6 weeks there's the possibility that I could get transfered again. However, I am way way excited.

I'm glad to hear that Kelleena stopped by and Nettie also. Yes I did get your package today. Had to go to the offices to pick it up. Holy cow!! Love the shirts and the cereal boxes. I'm guessing those are for the scripture protectors. Yay!! THANK YOU FOR THE CANDY!!!! I was dying without a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup this year. No they don't celebrate Thanksgiving here and I have no idea what I ate on Thanksgiving. We'll put it this way, it wasn't turkey. No I haven't received a letter from Sister Cronin.

I'm really glad Nettie has talked with you guys. That's so important. I'm also very glad she told you about what happened last year. She can return and get back on track. That's where you guys come in. You guys can help her get back on track. I'm so proud of you all. Encourage her. Love her. That is what she needs. I can't do too much here, but you guys can do miracles up there. I'm also very proud of Nettie for putting that missionary in his place. It's missionaries like him that can shut down an entire mission for at least 2 years. Please tell her I'm very proud of her. She needs to hear that.

I love you all very much. I really missed you my first Thanksgiving without talking to you guys. Really different. However, in less than a month I will be calling home to talk to all of you. Can't wait. I love you all. Have lots of fun.

Elder Frazier.

No comments:

Post a Comment