Thursday, December 6, 2012

Email 12-02-12

Yeah I know it's december and I can't believe it to be honest. It feels like last week I was in the MTC getting ready for my second day there. These past five months have flown by way too fast. Great picture for Taylor and his bride. I'm not very surprised to hear about Burns. He's a good kid but not a very smart one and recognizes it's tough listening to people who know things. Lucky you guys got to set up a tree. That's way fun for you all. I don't know if we'll have a tree here in our area. We'll see. There's lots to talk about here in this area and not all is as positive as I'd like. I'm very excited to hear about Riley and Leslie. Make sure Riley gets checked out and he is VERY careful. It could be a concussion. Actually I'm pretty sure it is. Watch him and his actions. Dad knows the signs of one. I'm glad to hear that he is doing a lot better in wrestling. That makes me happy. I'm also excited to hear Leslie has something fun to do right now. That's way good to hear. I'm excited for her.

Yes I do have a new companion and completely new area as well. We are whitewashing the area again and it's a lot different than my first area when I whitewashed it with Elder Ruiz. First when we got to the apartment, we again had to clean for three hours. It was a wreck. After we looked at the Area Book. It's a book that keeps track of everything that is going on in our area. Unfortunately, there's nothing in it. Everything is at least 4 months old. So needless to say, we did a lot of walking this week. Trying to find members, trying to find investigators. This area is great though. I love it here. It's a great atmosphere. We're in the pueblo here. I really like that. Lots of poverty and also some wealthy people. Our house is in a tiny street named Iturbide. I think the whole name is Augustine de Iturbide. You should be able to find it. We're in Tlaltenco 2 is the area. The ward name is Tlaltenco. It's a pretty good ward. With the exception of the first sunday here, Elder Canche and I made the first counselor pretty mad because we weren't in his wife's class. We were then "reprimended" by our district leader, because the first counselor has "a lot of influence in the ward." I love the area, but I feel that the District Leader, Elder Baruch, and I might but heads once or twice. Also his companion too. It's very interesting here in our area.

Elder Canche is awesome. I love him. We are doing really good together. We both have the similar ideas of how things should be done and we are doing things the right way here in this area. We are going to redevelop the name of missionaries here in this area. The missionaries here have gave us good obedient missionaries a bad name. So we are reparing that as well as working very hard to change everything. Elder Canche is from Guanjato, Mexico. He has 22 months in the mission right now. He is way cool and he's shorter than me. That's a first lol. He's way cool and awesome. I'm very excited to have him as my companion. I love the mission here. It's great. As of right now, I'm the only one from my group of missionaries who arrived here with me, that changed areas and is opening an area. That's pretty cool I think. I love you all very much. I think about you a lot and am very excited to hear from you guys. Eventhough I say it's been difficult here, doesn't mean I'm not excited or discouraged. On the contrary I'm just as happy as I've ever been. I'm so happy to be in the mission. I love you so much. 22 days and I'll get to talk to you guys. Have a great week.

Elder Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment